What are we building?
The Project is currently in the ‘Design Phase’ of the referendum 2A Design Build project. During this phase, the design and construction team is tasked with producing a Plan/Design to meet all the goals of the City to allow us to carry out that plan. Some of the construction activities that the Kiewit team is working on in the city include:
- Roadway Design & Pavement Analysis
- Existing pavement & Subgrade Analysis
- Pavement Coring and collecting Pavement, Base, Subgrade samples
- Water Line Design & Potholing
- Underground Utility Investigation
- City Road & Utility Survey
- Job Site Mobilization
- Public Utility Coordination
- Public access planning
What have we done?
- Reconstructed roads: Each road will be evaluated based on its individual need and the extent of reconstruction will determined to match the need of each street. All of the roads chosen this year will receive at a minimum new asphalt surface to fix the poor driving surface. Other roads will be completely reconstructed from the Base Course to the top of the asphalt surface.
- Pedestrian Ramps in the reconstruction areas will be updated to meet ADA standards and provide more convenient crossings. Each ramp and location will be evaluated individually to determine the need for reconstruction.
- Curb and Gutter repairs in reconstruction areas as needed to repair old and broken curb & gutter.
- There will be Water Line work on Yale, Orchard (south of Royal Gorge) and 16th street. This work will involve deep trench excavation and temporary detours.